The key broader areas of the basic science research activities at the YRG CARE Infectious Diseases Laboratory include:
- Diagnostics: Performance evaluation of newer and cost-effective diagnostic and low-tech assays for diagnosis of infectious diseases (HIV, Sexually Transmitted Infections, Tuberculosis, Hepatitis viruses and opportunistic infections [OIs]).
- HIV Immunology: Humoral and Cell-Mediated Immunity in exposed sero-negative women, long term non-progressors (LTNPs) and elite controllers (ECs). Immune activation in virologically suppressed patients.
- HIV Virology: Understanding HIV-1 drug resistance and drug resistance in genital compartment.
- HIV Cure research: Measure & characterize HIV-1 viral reservoirs that cause rebounding of viral level.
- Hepatitis Viruses: Molecular characterization of hepatitis viruses and its evolution.
- Tuberculosis: Newer biomarkers in early diagnosis of TB associated disease.
- Pharmacology: Measuring HIV drugs in blood and genital compartment.
Complete list of publications is accessible here