YRGCARE, founded in 1993, is a premier HIV/AIDS service organization offering:
- Adolescent and young adult sexuality education
- HIV intervention at workplaces and communities
- Voluntary counseling and testing services
- Treatment for sexually transmitted diseases
- Care and support services for People Living with HIV/AIDS (PLHA)
- Prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV
- Training for physicians, laboratory scientists, health educators, counselors and nurses
- Services for injecting drug users and men having sex with men
- Microbicide, treatment and vaccine literacy
- Standard precautions training at medical establishments
- Education and advocacy to reduce violence against women
In partnership with leading centres from around the world, YRGCARE is currently implementing research in the fields of epidemiology, laboratory sciences, prevention, implementation science and treatment outcomes. It is among the few institutions in Asia monitoring the emerging HIV drug resistance.
People with HIV and AIDS and their families live with dignity, and there are no new infections.
To respond to the needs of those who are not receiving care, support, education, and/or information about HIV awareness and prevention.
- To build awareness of HIV infection and promote safe and responsible behavior in the community.
- To provide all people access to a non-coercive and non-stigmatized counseling, testing and continuum of care.
- To maintain and develop YRGCARE’s human resources, physical infrastructure and organizational systems.
- Advocate for individual rights and policies for a non-judgmental, supportive environment for people
living with HIV and AIDS and people affected by the epidemic.