Project ACCELERATE identifies and engages vulnerable populations, including key populations, and provides preventive and treatment services across the HIV care continuum.
Sex with Men
The overarching goal of ACCELERATE is to design, implement and evaluate sustainable novel models of HIV testing and care that supports the Government of India’s National Strategic Plan (NSP) for HIV/AIDS and STI 2017-24 aimed at improving access to HIV prevention and treatment services, and social protection schemes among vulnerable populations including Key Populations (KP) and their families in India.
To increase access and availability of KP-friendly prevention services
To improve access and uptake of HIV testing services among vulnerable Indian populations
To facilitate increased access, adherence, and retention to antiretroviral therapy and improve survival among PLHIV
To improve the well-being of orphans and vulnerable children, mitigating the impact of HIV/AIDS
The program has successfully reached and provided coverage to over 118,000 people living with HIV (PLHIV), ensuring they receive the necessary care and support for managing their condition effectively
ACCELERATE's efforts have resulted in the diagnosis of 13,000 new PLHIV, with an impressive 95% of them successfully initiated on treatment. This achievement is crucial for controlling the spread of HIV and improving the health outcomes of those affected
Through the Safe Zindagi platform, ACCELERATE has reached and provided coverage to a virtual population of 300,000+, ensuring accessibility to necessary support to all
ACCELERATE has successfully integrated its services with 150+ government facilities, facilitating collaboration and strengthening the reach and impact of HIV programs across different regions
The program has served over 30,000 children, including 9,000 children living with HIV (CLHIV), ensuring that they receive specialized care, support, and treatment to improve their health and well-being
- YSR Kadapa
- Imphal East
- Imphal West
- Tuensang (including Noklak)
and treatment to India.
- Roll out new HIV prevention strategies in India (e.g., PrEP)
- Differentiated Prevention Model for NACO TI Programs
- Support to roll out revamped TI strategy
- First transgender comprehensive clinic, Mitr clinic, established in Hyderabad, Thane and Pune
- Identify strategies to improve efficiency of HIV testing
- Implement new HIV testing strategies (e.g., HIV self-testing)
- Peer navigation to link PLHIV with ART
- Rapid/same day initiation of ART
- Quality of Care Improvements
- Integrated models of Care (NCD/Ageing)
- Decentralized ART Model
- PLHIV Death Autopsy
- Advanced Disease Management Package
- Virtual Adherence monitoring (SVA/ 99DOTS)
- Improve access to viral load testing
- Package of services for at-risk adolescents
- Integrated adolescent model with HWC for HIV services
- Linkage to social protection & other schemes for OVC & families
- Adolescent Friendly Health Centers established in four states
Access a safe life through our comprehensive network of clinics, doctors, and counsellors, along with products like PrEP, and HIV self-testing kits! Safe Zindagi enables prevention and management of HIV and STIs by offering high-quality services and products at the lowest prices or for free!
Safe Zindagi is an online platform funded by USAID and PEPFAR and implemented through Project ACCELERATE, in partnership with the National AIDS Control Organization of India.
Begin a safe and fulfilling lifestyle here!
Project ACCELERATE launched India’s first comprehensive clinic with & for the Transgender Community in Hyderabad in January 2021. Mitr [Hindi for ‘friend’ implies extending conversations based on friendship and empathy that support understanding the real needs and issues of transgender population] clinic provides comprehensive services for the transgender community and serves as a working model on how to reach vulnerable marginalized populations.